Ok, folks. It’s time for the first Swingin’ A’s Fantasy Baseball League. This isn’t going to be like your typical fantasy league, though, because it’s going to start early, involve 30 team owners and feature single day, head to head matches. Instead of thinking of it like a fantasy baseball league, think of it as a fantasy GM league. This is specifically designed for all of you out there who sit at home and say, “if they’d just trade so and so for so and so, they’d be great.”
For a full recap of all the league rules, including how matches are scored, please visit the league page HERE. Keep in mind that things will be changing slightly as we fine tune everything leading up to opening day. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below. Also, some rules are deliberately wrong at the moment so that the proper rules take affect once we’ve filled all of the ownership slots.
A Few Rules
- Each of the 30 MLB teams will be represented with a full 40 man roster identical to the real roster as of November 14th.
- Fantasy rosters will be turned over to team owners on December 1, 2014.
- Any trades or acquisitions made by an MLB team prior to November 30, 2014 will be honored by the commissioner at the request of the team owner.
- Fantasy “winter meetings” will run from December 1, 2014 through April 4, 2015.
- Daily matches will begin on opening day of the MLB and mimic the actual MLB schedule very closely (some games have been removed to accommodate playoff scheduling).
- If you lose interest in your team please alert the commissioner so that a new team owner can be acquired.
- If it is determined that you have abandoned your team, a new owner will be secured and you will be dropped from the league.
- If you request a trade and receive no response (either accepting or rejecting the trade) please alert the commissioner immediately.
How to Join
- Send your email address email@example.com.
- Teams will granted to owners in the order of receipt of email address.
- If you would like to create a managing team, please include all email addresses in the same email.
- Teams will be distributed in order of 2014 payroll.
- The Athletics will be issued to one prospective fan who, after sending their email, tweets out the following message: “I’m going to out Beane Billy Beane. #FantasyMoneyBall @FS_SwinginAs”. A winner for the Athletics will be announced November 25, 2014.
- Because of the many customizations that this league requires, we’ve had to upgrade to a premium league and must pay for these features. Each owner will have to pay $2.67 to participate in this league.
What Do I Win?
- You’re already assuming you’re going to win, eh?
- We’re not playing for money but you’ll get the bragging rights and you’ll get to start next year with a championship roster.
- The real question is, what do you have to lose?
What if I Can’t Get a Team?
- Follow this league just like you’d follow baseball.
- Come by the website for weekly updates on where our fantasy teams rank in comparison to their real counterparts.
- Stay involved and the commissioner may add you to his blue ribbon committee to help determine contested trades.
- Get on the waiting list for lousy team owners who leave their team the second they start losing.