A couple weeks ago, I wrote about five players who I thought would disappoint Athletics fans this season. But the good news is, I don’t think this year is doomed! In fact, I’d happily bet the over on their win total this year (Vegas has them at 81.5).
More from Oakland A's News
- Zach Logue yet another disappointing Oakland A’s trade return
- Luis Barrera heading to familiar foe in Los Angeles Angels
- San Francisco Giants showing Oakland A’s offseason could be worse
- Lucas Luetge what Oakland A’s need in bullpen
- Oakland A’s bring Deolis Guerra back on minor league deal
Why? Well in addition to getting solid production from players they are expecting it from (like Billy Butler, Brett Lawrie, Marcus Semien, etc.) there will also be some surprises that contribute more than expected. There always are! The fun part is trying to figure out who they’ll be before everybody knows who they are.
Here are five players who I think will exceed expectations and have breakout seasons in 2015. Share yours with me in the comment section below or on twitter @mattmcsports27.
Next: Jesse Hahn